Whether you are fundraising as part of your own team or as an individual, remember that you are what make us such a successful non-profit race for the University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center. You are the ambassadors to our local community—you can reach people that we cannot, because you are their personal connection to this cause.
Get A ‘Running’ Start With Your Fundraising
- Register Today (if you haven’t already). The sooner you get started, the easier it is to raise funds! Whether you register for the Half Marathon, Kids Fun Run, or as a “fundraiser-only” you will automatically receive your own fundraising page.
- Set Your Personal Goal. The sky’s the limit! Be sure to update your fundraising page with your goal. Once you’ve reached your goal – aim even higher.
- Log into your Dashboard. From there you can send fundraising emails, and personalize your fundraising page. Emails sent from your Dashboard will include a link to your personal web page, enabling people to donate to you directly.
- List Your Potential Donors. Contact each of them by phone, email, in person, on Facebook—whatever works for you. Make sure you include the following people:
Fundraising is Easy with Online Tools!
When you register for the Maryland Half Marathon, Kids Fun Run, or as a “Fundraiser-only” you automatically receive your own fundraising webpage. Your Dashboard gives you access to online tools to help you fundraise through your website:
- Personal Webpage - to post photos and your personal story, receive notes of encouragement from your supporters, and track your fundraising progress in real-time
- Email – When you use your Dashboard to send emails you can track which recipients opened your email, made a donation and more. We even made a video to walk you through how to send an email campaign. Check it out!
- Address Book – easy feature helps you import contacts from your personal email account
- Activity Log – to track the status of your emails and donations. Start now by logging in to your Dashboard and encouraging everyone you know to visit your site, see what you are doing in the fight against cancer and make a donation on your behalf.
Have you collected cash or check(s) donations that need to be credited to your fundraising campaign (offline)?
Participants, please mail donations to the address below. Be sure to include a note with your name so we can credit the donation to your fundraising total. In order for the people that have donated to get a tax receipt, we will also need their name, mailing address, and donation amount. Note: please do not send cash donations in the mail—convert to money order or drop cash off at our office.
Maryland Half Marathon, 110 South Paca Street, 9th floor, Baltimore, MD 21201